Friday, July 29, 2016

Blast from the Past



I had a shelf. On it there were two snow globes with pictures of me and my parents circa 2007. One of them leaked, and was only half full. Also, I had a picture frame that was empty,  because it was a 5x7 and I don't have any 5x7 pictures. Every time I glanced over at my beautiful easel, I noticed the shelf and got dragged back in time to when I was 8. My first option: OLD BOOKS. Just the beginning of my future library...

Anyway, I was able to snag four books for $3 at a tag sale filled with old people and outdated clothes. It's doubtful that I'll read any of them, but they range from 1904 to 1940 and so I'm obsessed. the books managed to make my shelf look more like this:

and less like this:
(sorry for the atrocious quality of this photo, but it kinda supports the theme that this shelf sucks)

Even though the quality of my shelf was amplified 367%, something was still missing. BUT ALAS I found the perfect solution when i least expected it. Time for a little backstory.

My mother has a lot of pictures. A lot a lot. She needed my help, as she had given up on ever doing anything with them, and was shoving them into albums completely randomly when I discovered... wait for it... Polaroids, real, actual Polaroids from when she was a wee little peanut. So I did what any fourteen year old would do; I stole them. Then I hung them on my wall, and it was absolutely
perfect! See for yourself!







No comments:

Post a Comment